Remote Undergraduate Student Researcher Position with UNIDE. Apply by May 15th.Position description
UNIDE (https://unidecology.org/) is looking for an undergraduate student researcher to work remotely on projects that support the development of culturally responsive and inclusive pedagogy for ecology and environmental (EE) courses. In addition to providing a valued undergraduate viewpoint, the selected individual will help in the development of effective interventions that address identified barriers and challenges for recruitment and retention of diverse people and to revise current EE curriculum.
Projects may include:
The student researcher will learn skills in protocol development, best-practices in curriculum design, and
quantitative and qualitative data analysis. Students will be mentored by Dr. Ariel Rawson (Ohio State) and Dr. Amy Kulesza (Ohio State). Additional outcomes for the student researcher include networking with the UNIDE steering committee, and interactions with network partners on the pedagogy sub-committee.
Expectations of Undergraduate Researcher:
This is a remote position for 30 Hours per week with a pay of $3500 per month stipend, for two months (June 1 – July 31). Regular meetings with Drs. Rawson and Kulesza will occur. Stipend will be paid by direct deposit. Start and end dates are negotiable depending on applications and the selected researcher. There is potential for unpaid additional undergraduate research after the paid summer opportunity.
To Apply: Please submit the following materials by May 15th (11:59pm Eastern US time) using this Qualtrics form
- Syllabi review using a developed rubric.
- Systematic review of existing literature to curate existing pedagogies and identify gaps.
- Development of a Field Safety Plan.
- Development and pilot of teaching modules.
- CV or resume
- In addition to demographic information, you will be asked to enter your responses to these two questions:
- What is your interest in this project? What do you hope to learn or what skills do you hope to gain through participation? (<250 words)
- Please describe your experience with the following: research, participating in diversity and inclusion activities, and/or teaching (formal or informal). (<250 words)